As an in-demand leadership keynote speaker, Liz Uram is an engaging, relatable, and humorous speaker who provides thought-provoking, actionable content backed by proven on-the-job results.
Communicate Like a Boss (without being Bossy!)
Do difficult people ruin your day? Are you tired of people walking all over you? Are you ready to stand up for yourself but you’re afraid of looking like a jerk? Or, do you need to tone it down because you come across too strong? If so, it’s time to learn how to Communicate Like a Boss!
Communicating Like a Boss isn’t about being bossy, it’s about getting your point across assertively; being influential; and making a positive impact on other people. Let’s face it, communication can be hard but it’s a skill worth building. Good communication skills increase your value, earn the respect of others, and give you confidence. Building skills requires tools and having the right tools makes communication easier and less stressful.
Good communication is much more than how you communicate, it’s what you communicate. In this session, you will learn 5 best practices of effective communication and discover 10 tools that will help you overcome everyday communication challenges so you can make a bigger impact, get better results, and be a positive influence on others.
- Inspire others with a shared purpose
- Establish boundaries and clarify expectations for working together as a team
- Understand what message you’re sending when you’re not saying a word
- Use assertive communication that is clear, direct, concise, and nice
- Motivation through appreciation
Liz engages her audiences through the use of props, humor, and relatable experiences. Her stories and examples drive home the lessons and make them stick. Audiences leave not only feeling entertained, but with memorable take-away’s that make a lasting impact.
Leading with Emotional Intelligence During Challenging Time
Studies show that developing emotional intelligence (EQ) and leading with empathy can truly transform your impact and ability as a leader. Leaders with high EQ make better, more effective leaders who naturally engage their employees for consistently excellent outcomes.
- Using the EQ skills you’ll learn during this session, you will:
- Develop a greater self-awareness,
- Increase your influence,
- Positively impact your company’s culture and
- Learn how to manage with empathy for lasting change
As you develop emotional intelligence skills, you’ll gain the ability to more appropriately respond to the world around you and eliminate the stress and frustration that often comes from managing during challenging situations.
Audiences: Leadership, Women
The Leaders Edge: 3 Skills Tomorrow’s Leaders Need Today to Avoid Chaos, Complacency, and Lost Talent
Fact: 60% of First Time Managers… FAIL; Fact: 50% of employees don’t know what’s expected of them; Fact: 75% of Employees leave their Jobs because of the Manager
New technology, changing regulations, and demand for talent are requiring leaders to develop new skills to avoid chaos, complacency, and lost talent. These are old problems in need of new solutions. To gain an edge and stay ahead of the competition, tomorrow’s leaders need foresight, they need to encourage innovate thinking, and they need to keep top performers. Doing the same old thing won’t work. The leader of the future needs to tackle these tough problems in a new way.
To gain an edge, tomorrow’s leaders need foresight, they need to encourage skill development, and they need to keep top talent – Pre-active Leadership, Transformational Leadership, and Magnetic Leadership. Individually these skills are strong, but put them together and they become a unique and extraordinary talent stack that will set your organization up for success into 2020 and beyond.
Audience members will walk away from this presentation with specific action items that they can use to:
- Identify and put a stop to recurring issues that disrupt the workplace
- Coach and encourage individuals in a way that fosters pride in work, accountability, and ownership
- Provide meaningful appreciation that makes people want to give their all
This session is presented in a fun and informative way, Liz demonstrates each concept with tools from her own personal tool bag that will surprise and entertain the audience.
Liz Uram is proud to have worked with the following organizations:
- Professional Insurance Women of MN
- Independent Community Bankers of ND
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- General Dynamics
- Unity Hospice
- HFMA MN Women’s Leadership Conference
- Wausau Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Project Management Institute CMASS
- Project Management Institute MN
- Associations North Fall Leadership Conference
- HR Florida Conference & Expo
- MN-AEYC/MN-SACA Summer Leadership Institute
- Institute of Management Accountants Northern Lights
- American Family Insurance
- AdvisorNet Financial
- CFA Society of Minnesota
- Midwest Family Mutual Insurance
- Community Dental Care
- Family Pathways
- Twin Cities Human Resources Association
- Salon & Spa Professional Association
- Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Massage Therapy Association
- The Refine Conference
- Executive Women International
- International Coach Federation
- National Association of Professional Organizers