Liz Uram is an engaging leadership keynote speaker who provides thought-provoking, actionable content backed by proven on-the-job results.
Communicate Like a Boss (without being Bossy!)
Do difficult people ruin your day? Are you tired of people walking all over you? Are you ready to stand up for yourself but are afraid of looking like a jerk? It’s time to learn how to communicate like a boss!
Excellent communication isn’t about being bossy, it’s about getting your point across assertively. It’s about building relationships, being influential, and making a positive impact on other people. Let’s face it, communication is complex and it can be hard but it’s a skill worth developing. Building good communication skills will increase your value, make interactions with other people easier, and make you a more effective leader.
In this presentation, you will discover:
- What message you’re sending when you aren’t saying a word
- How to be seen by others as confident, not a doormat or bossy
- Shift your perspective on how to deal with difficult people
- Assertively set boundaries with other people
Liz engages her audiences through the use of props, humor, and relatable experiences. Her stories and examples drive home the lessons and make them stick. Audiences leave not only feeling entertained, but with memorable take-away’s that make a lasting impact.
The Power of Personal Leadership: 7 Keys to Go From Ordinary To Extraordinary
Do you ever wonder why some people are SUCCESSFUL while other’s stall out and never reach their POTENTIAL? Success is an Inside Job!
What you say, what you do, and what you believe about yourself and others has a direct impact on your professional growth. Without even realizing it you can create your own glass
ceilings that stop you from achieving the success you’re capable of and leave you wondering why you aren’t progressing.
Supported by inspiring stories of ordinary people who achieved extraordinary success, the presentation outlines 7 principles of success and how anyone can apply them. This presentation will inspire audiences to be their best.
Audiences: Sales, Leadership, Women
The Leaders Edge: 3 Skills Tomorrow’s Leaders Need Today to Avoid Chaos, Complacency, and Lost Talent
Fact: 60% of First Time Managers… FAIL; Fact: 50% of employees don’t know what’s expected of them; Fact: 75% of Employees leave their Jobs because of the Manager
New technology, changing regulations, and demand for talent are requiring leaders to develop new skills to avoid chaos, complacency, and lost talent. These are old problems in need of new solutions. To gain an edge and stay ahead of the competition, tomorrow’s leaders need foresight, they need to encourage innovate thinking, and they need to keep top performers. Doing the same old thing won’t work. The leader of the future needs to tackle these tough problems in a new way.
To gain an edge, tomorrow’s leaders need foresight, they need to encourage skill development, and they need to keep top talent – Pre-active Leadership, Transformational Leadership, and Magnetic Leadership. Individually these skills are strong, but put them together and they become a unique and extraordinary talent stack that will set your organization up for success into 2020 and beyond.
Audience members will walk away from this presentation with specific action items that they can use to:
- Identify and put a stop to recurring issues that disrupt the workplace
- Coach and encourage individuals in a way that fosters pride in work, accountability, and ownership
- Provide meaningful appreciation that makes people want to give their all
This session is presented in a fun and informative way, Liz demonstrates each concept with tools from her own personal tool bag that will surprise and entertain the audience.
- Unity Hospice
- HFMA MN Women’s Leadership Conference
- Wausau Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Project Management Institute CMASS
- Project Management Institute MN
- Associations North Fall Leadership Conference
- HR Florida Conference & Expo
- MN-AEYC/MN-SACA Summer Leadership Institute
- Institute of Management Accountants Northern Lights
- American Family Insurance
- AdvisorNet Financial
- CFA Society of Minnesota
- Midwest Family Mutual Insurance
- Community Dental Care
- Family Pathways
- Twin Cities Human Resources Association
- Salon & Spa Professional Association
- Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Massage Therapy Association
- The Refine Conference
- Executive Women International
- International Coach Federation
- National Association of Professional Organizers