Liz Uram is a engaging leadership keynote speaker who provides thought-provoking, actionable content backed by proven on-the-job results.
These popular presentations can be delivered as a conference keynote, workshop, or training session.
The Power of Personal Leadership: 7 Keys to Go From Ordinary To Extraordinary
Do you ever wonder why some people are SUCCESSFUL while other’s stall out and never reach their POTENTIAL? Success is an Inside Job!
What you say, what you do, and what you believe about yourself and others has a direct impact on your professional growth. Without even realizing it you can create your own glass
ceilings that stop you from achieving the success you’re capable of and leave you wondering why you aren’t progressing.
Supported by inspiring stories of ordinary people who achieved extraordinary success, the presentation outlines 7 principles of success and how anyone can apply them. This presentation will inspire audiences to be their best.
Key learning points:
- Prepare for opportunities and look for them
- Improve communication skills
- Don’t worry, be happy
- Learn the secret the world’s most successful comedian used to become extraordinary
- Be single focused to create your future
- Differentiate between ‘can do’ and ‘won’t do’ attitudes
- Smash through barriers that are holding your back
Audiences: Sales, Leadership, Women
The Gift That Keeps on Giving
The #1 problem facing organizations today isn’t low morale, lazy people, or unqualified workers. Those are just a few of the symptoms of the real problem… failure to provide performance feedback. Workers want to know how they’re doing and when they don’t receive feedback on their performance the result is low productivity, costly mistakes, inefficiencies, low morale, high turnover, more conflict, and more stress.
If feedback is so important, why aren’t more leaders providing it? The simple answer is fear of conflict. Instead of assuming feedback will be received negatively, what if leaders shifted their mindset to view feedback as a gift?
In this presentation, leaders will discover:
• Different types of feedback
• The impacts of not giving quality feedback
• The biggest mistakes leaders make when delivering feedback
• A 4-step formula for delivering feedback in a way that is received as a gift
• How to make coaching sessions and performance evaluations a positive experience for both employee and leader
Communicate Like a Boss Without Being Bossy
Effective communication is the key to excellent leadership. Effective communication starts with confidence and confident communicators have a toolbox full of tools to pull from to get the job done right with less conflict and less stress. Studies show that leaders who communicate well are more likely to be happy, gain the respect of others, and have more time. Take charge of your future by learning which communication tools other top leaders use that will have the biggest impact on you and the people around you.
In this session, you will walk away with strategies that will help you:
- Use assertiveness and be seen by others as confident, not a doormat or bossy
- Shift your perspective on how to deal with difficult people
- Enlist the help of others to get more done in less time
- Understand what motivates others to want to work with you
Audience: Leadership, Women
Every Day Leadership Skills That Produce REAL Results
This program is designed to give managers practical strategies they can implement on an everyday basis to get the most out of their team and produce real results. Most managers have good intentions but sometimes their good intentions have unintentional consequences that leave them scratching their heads wondering how they ended up with a demotivated team. If this continues, productivity suffers, quality decreases, deadlines are missed, and costs increase. These certain effects can be avoided with an understanding of what caused it and why.
- Discover common snags that trip managers up and send them down the wrong road.
- Reasons people aren’t doing what they’re supposed to be doing.
- Uncover the most common ways managers unintentionally demotivate their team
- Understand why managers fail to achieve the results they want (it’s not their team).
- Learn how managers accidentally lose the respect of their team
Every day leadership is focused on helping managers create an environment where everyone is doing their best and focusing on achieving the goals of the team.
How to Get More Done in One Hour Than Most People Do All Day
This keynote addresses one of the most common issues faced by today’s busy professional… the mystery of the disappearing day. Every day you wake up with great intentions for tackling your to-do list but at the end of the day you don’t actually see the results you were hoping for and another day disappears. What’s more frustrating is that you felt busy all day long. You soon realize that busy does not equal productive but you don’t know what to do about it.
The presentation provides specific take-aways as you discover the myth of multi-tasking, the power of focus, and the hidden ways we unintentionally lose hours of each day. You’ll walk away feeling in control of your day.
At the end of this presentation participants will feel fully prepared to take focused action as they learn how to: get the most out of each day with time left over; differentiate between low-value and high-value activities; and develop habits for success that bring BIG results.
Audiences: Sales, Leadership, Women
- HFMA MN Women’s Leadership Conference
- Wausau Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Project Management Institute CMASS
- Project Management Institute MN
- Associations North Fall Leadership Conference
- HR Florida Conference & Expo
- MN-AEYC/MN-SACA Summer Leadership Institute
- Institute of Management Accountants Northern Lights
- American Family Insurance
- AdvisorNet Financial
- CFA Society of Minnesota
- Midwest Family Mutual Insurance
- Community Dental Care
- Family Pathways
- Twin Cities Human Resources Association
- Salon & Spa Professional Association
- Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Massage Therapy Association
- The Refine Conference
- Executive Women International
- International Coach Federation
- National Association of Professional Organizers